We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager to assist the Junior Activities Manager to co-ordinate all Kids Parties, Kids Holiday Camps and Junior Activities for children 2 – 17 years and to ensure staff, children and parents needs are met, by ensuring all OFSTED regulations are maintained.
To support the Junior Activities Manager to deliver an exceptional Kids party programme and Holiday Camp programme. Main duties will be being hands on with the activities and managing of the day to day duties with the parties and holiday camps.
You will organise and manage bookings for both departments and also help to organise getting both departments ready to run smoothly. You will help develop both programmes to be the best they can be, coming up with new ideas and help rolling them out. Must have good people skills and admin skills.
Staff and people management
· Assisting the management of all staff in the junior department in addition to overseeing their performance and standard of work. Assisting to Identify and implement the training for the above staff and maintaining records in liaison with the Head of Childcare.
· Assist the recruitment and development of above staff in conjunction with the Junior Activities Manager
· Ensure all Junior staff are motivated and developed in a positive effective manner, taking account of company policy and all statutory requirements to ensure that they fulfil the provisions of their job descriptions
· Develop and maintain effective communication with colleagues, children, Parents/Carers, and departmental heads and other individuals to ensure professional standards are maintained.
Health and safety
· Ensure the care, maintenance and security of all equipment/toys in the junior department.
· Ensure that standards of H&S and security are operated at all times. As outlined in the Company policies and procedures
· Ensuring that the maintenance of the Junior centre is in accordance with the safe and secure running of the department and with Ofsted regulations and following club maintenance procedures to rectify weakness
· Ensure all staff are fully aware of and understand the department’s junior operating plan, club emergency procedures and the clubs’ emergency action plan
· To assist being responsible for ensuring that all reporting/recording of accidents and incidents and is carried out within accordance with the policy
Assisting the junior activities manager with:
· Review, monitor and ensure occupancy levels within the junior package are maintained to maximum capacity levels. Proactively market the junior package to meet the objectives
· Purchasing new stock and equipment when necessary, in line with the budget
· Monitor staff costs closely to ensure they do not exceed budget provisions
· Ensure all fees are collected including cancelled sessions
· Ensure all income generated meets income budgets
· Communicating to all staff details of junior centre issues changes in procedures and maintaining awareness of club issues etc.
· Update, prepare and produce junior brochure, noticeboard and junior timetable on a regular basis.
· Produce accurate registers detailing the camp bookings and ensuring that staff and children are signed in and are deployed effectively. Ensure you are fully trained within OFSTED requirements
· Action and monitor all child protection issues, parent issues, complaints and accidents to ensure that any remedial action is taken immediately
· Preparing for and ensuring that the annual Ofsted inspection is carried out and that all requirements are met
· Maintaining and regularly updating written records of each child attending Colets camp and out of school activities.
Reference ID: JA Kids Camp / Party Assistant Manager
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: From £8.00 per hour
Please see our website for Covid measures in place