Head of Childcare (0.6 FTE). Salary £24,000 (FTE £40,000)
Colets is looking for an experienced Manager to take overall lead of our Childcare service teams, based in Thames Ditton, Surrey, and reporting directly to the Chief Executive. You will preferably come from a nursery or teaching background, and be responsible for managing all aspects of the provision on a day-to-day basis, each of which have existing management and staff teams in place which you will be encouraged to evaluate and develop.
The setting is a large purpose-built childcare building within our highly successful Independent Health and Fitness club. It comprises three separate but interlinked departments housing an 82-place Full Day Care Nursery, a Junior Activities department with over 1400 young members and a Crèche with over 400 crèche members.
- To act as figurehead, inspiration, teacher and leader for all Colets childcare services, our children, childcare staff and management, representing the highest of standards at all times and ensuring those standards of childcare practice are always evident in nursery, juniors and baby-gym/crèche.
- To ensure full compliance with all Club and mandatory Ofsted, Local Authority and other relevant body practices.
- To manage and deliver against agreed Key Performance Indicators, including financial and operational management, updating and refreshing NOP and EAP as required. Regularised professional reporting on agreed objective hitting progress is expected.
- Base of 24 hours per week (flexible working) but with an expectation of willingness to work additional hours when necessary in order to ensure a high standard of performance from staff and colleagues and excellent relationships with parents.
- As a minimum to maintain the nursery’s current Ofsted rating of Good, but to raise operational standards to the level required in order to achieve Outstanding on the next inspection.
- Minimum Level 5 in Early Years Education or equivalent
- Good ICT skills – FAMLY etc.
- Ability to organise own work effectively through use of SMART objectives, ability to identify priorities and courage to assume responsibility.
- Lead by example; demonstrating high levels of drive, enthusiasm and passion with proven ability to motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to present produce and evaluate reports
- Compassionate and honourable ethic-driven nature and love of children/people in general.
Relevant/ ideal experience:
- Previous experience of managing a similar setting
- Recent Ofsted inspection experience and in depth knowledge of EYFS framework and other relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Proven commitment, understanding and passion for delivering the best Early Years Practice
- Great sense of humour and staff training skills.
To apply, please download our application form, complete and email to our HR Manager HR@colets.co.uk